Happy New Year!
How are your New Year’s resolutions for 2009?
This is the time of year we reflect on what’s go on before and make plans for the future. We audit our lives. Whilst you’re there making plans for a great 09 consider including a play audit for your children.
- What type of play did you encourage? Should you encourage?
- What opportunities did they have for
a) creative play?
b) outdoor play?
c) unstructured play?
d) unplugged play?
- What did we love doing together?
- What do we want to do more of?
- What didn’t work well for our family?
- Are there activities I want to try?
- How’s our family balance of activities?
- Are they doing age appropriate activities?
After your audit what’s your plan?
Share your ideas with others, discuss and come up with a plan. Where will you put your resolution? Tweet about it, journal it? Whatever you decide whether to go public or stay private with your resolutions celebrate all the great things you have done and look to the potential of what you can try to do.
I’ve shared part of our plan below………
*******Our family pledges to do more outside play. We love the idea of it. We go outside with play in mind but whether it’s the kids by themselves or with either one of us parents, we don’t last too long out there. Outside play didn’t happen enough in 08. I think we’d all love more.
Please share your outdoor activities for us as a family or for the kids to try.
Have a playful New Year!